1. Look at the following pictures. What are their names? What do they have in common? Do you think they are successful ? Why?
2. Let's focus on two words: ” success” and “failure”. What are the verbs? What are the adjectives?
Read the following examples. Which prepositions are missing?
Write three columns in your notebook (words related to success/ words related to failure/ related to both ). Categorise the following expressions. Make sure you are familiar with their meaning (Use the dictionary! ).
Extra vocubulary for advanced levels ⇒ Add the expressions from the following links to your chart: https://www.englishrevealed.co.uk/AV/idioms/advanced_idioms_13.php
Choose seven words or expressions and write examples.
3. Discuss the following questions in grous and get ready to share your answers with the whole class:
4. Watch the following video and transcribe Lady Gaga's speech:
5. Read the following quotes. Which one do you identify with most and why?
Check your answers:
7. Watch the following Ted talk. Make list of the 8 secrets of success mentioned by the speaker and get ready to explain them:
Focus on vocabulary ⇒ Explain the words "workafrolic”, “put your nose down in something” or “big cheese”.
8. Choose one “ingredient of success” described in the Ted talk and write a mini essay about why it is crucial to achieving success (200 words).